Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Box of Happy

I heart birthdays.  I also heart a reason to give someone a gift (and a deadline to do it by - sometimes I just work better with deadlines, it's true) from my heart to theirs.  One of my besties just had a birthday, so I decided to send her a box of happy (birthday to be exact). 

Inspired by Oh Hello Friend and her book of notes, here is a glimpse of what I think brings joy and smiles.

{I grabbed a handful of these super cute pins at Blicks one day, so I attached one to a little note and wrapped with bakers twine}


{Message in a bottle as seen on Oh Hello Friend}

{Brownie and Frosting Mixes from Trader Joes.  The tag on the brownies reads "Have your Cake and Eat it Too}

{Green Tea mints wrapped in lace from Trader Joes}


{Floral paper clips packaged in a jewel toned box make studying for your graduate degree so much happier}

{"Owl Always be There for You" Necklace I've been hoarding from Urban Outfitters waiting for the perfect moment to gift}

{A scroll wrapped in ribbon, opened to reveal a word search decorated in doilies with words to describe a dear friend}

 {Homemade glitter clothes-pins designed to "pin" and share happiness.  You can either make some yourself or buy them here}


{A box of happiness packaged and ready to go}

I encourage you to think about where and with whom you can spread some cheer.  It doesn't have to be someone's birthday to share a smile.  It's something I need to do more often myself and hope that this encourages you as well to show someone you love them by sending them a box of happy, or a book of notes.  You don't have to do something expensive or over the top to make someone smile.

2 comments:

  1. Hi!! :)
    I really like your blog, I´m followijg you :D
    ... maybe if you have time, you could visit my blog too, and if you like it, follow me back ;)
    Kisses!
    http://modacapital-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gaby! Your blog definitely challenges my high school level Spanish skills, but your pictures are beautiful. You have a fabulous fashion sense! I just started following you and can't wait to pull some fashion inspiration from your photos!

      Delete