Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Couldn't we all use a little more storage space?

When Ben and I were first married, we had the joy of moving into our first apartment.  With our wedding gifts in tow, we began the delightful task of finding a spot for everything.  Despite the seemingly substantial amount of space in our kitchen, we ran out rather quickly.  However, this gave me the opportunity to display one of our favorite gifts, our beautiful copper plated pot and pan set.

We don't have the space for a pot rack, so I needed to come up with something for the wall instead.  Ben and I set off to Home Depot to find something suitable where we bought some peg board and hooks.  We had the board cut there, cut 2 holes in the middle for the light switches and secured it into the wall. Voilá, a homemade pot rack.



Today, I wanted to introduce some color to my kitchen and decided to do it by painting my pot rack.  I had a bunch of leftover paint from my previous chair project, and I don't like to let things go to waste, so it had been decided, my wall was going green - pun intended.  Side note: If you decide to make your own pot rack, I would suggest painting it before hanging it to avoid any paint getting caught in the peg holes and dripping.  I decided to paint it on the wall since my normal painting spot outside was being overrun with snow. Got to love spring in Ohio! 

I'm pretty happy with the final product.  The green compliments the copper well and gave me my color fix for the day, not to mention that it has a bit of vintage appeal, which is always a plus in my book.




Yay!  Isn't paint wonderful?!  On another note, you may be interested in the fact that my sewing machine and I are no longer in a fight.  In fact, I finally hemmed a pair of pants last night that have been waiting to be worn since last July.  Hooray for productivity and working machines!






No comments:

Post a Comment