Monday, March 21, 2011

Color and I are in lust

I have a new obsession.  I have fallen in lust with color (love is reserved for my Benjamin of course).  Anyone that knows me is probably a tad shocked judging by the neutrals my closet is filled with and my (now fading) obsession with achromatic housewares distinguished primarily by their textures.  I am certain that my husband has tired of hearing me say "texture, texture, texture" in our pursuit to decorate our new home.

At first, I wasn't too keen on the idea of the 70's coming back around in the fashion world.  I'm still at the point where I refuse to adapt into a pair of bell bottoms, but the color is fun.  The new bold color combinations are exciting, and I'm finding out that I actually look good in color.  I wore a royal blue maxi skirt today, way out of my comfort zone, and received enough compliments on my outfit to become an avid color advocate.

My current favorite combination was inspired by a vase we have at anthro.  A minty green body with a bright coral flower protruding from its peak.  As it turns out, we also have my favorite bowls in these refreshing spring shades.



Is it bad to have bowls for winter and bowls for spring?  I was so excited about this color union that my last project (which I will be posting about soon) consisted of applying those colors to my dining room chairs.  It also appeared, in a slightly altered version, on the fitting room mannequin today (not so mysteriously), in the following ensemble:

 

I'm smitten by this cardigan with its 1950's scalloped neck and turquoise color.  The skirt pulls in that beautiful burnt orange coral color and the belt acts as its fresh minty accent.  I tucked the cardigan into the skirt, wrapped the belt around, and contrasted the neck of the sweater with this crescent shaped necklace.  I also dressed one of my clients in this outfit today.  She looked adorable.  All of these items can be found at your nearest Anthropologie or anthropologie.com.

1 comment:

  1. So adorable she now greats you as soon as you walk in the door! You are such a talented girl Ashley, can't wait to see how your home decor and your wardrobe grow!
    Crissy

    ReplyDelete