Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A new addition, and full time distraction

I have not written in a few days.  I had planned on doing a post about the aforementioned kitchen chairs, but had a surprise arrival on Tuesday that has kept me pretty busy since then.  Readers, meet Gus, my adorable new puppy.


As of last Tuesday, Ben and I have been married for 5 months.  We both have a love for dogs that we have been resisting for about 4 1/2 of those 5 months. What can I say, when you're a dog person, you just are.  Needless to say, my attention has been elsewhere - playing with my puppy, snuggling with my puppy, introducing him to scary unknowns like riding in cars and playing with other (much bigger) dogs, not to mention the sometimes frustrating task of potty training.

Despite my distracted excitement over Gus, I am itching to get some projects done.  I've had a few sewing projects brewing in my mind for the past couple weeks.  Of course, my sewing machine and I haven't quite made up from the fight we had about a week ago.  I also have a gift I've been working on and can't wait to share with you once that gift has been given.

Starting tonight there will be a little less of this...


... and a little more productivity.  Don't get me wrong, I'm getting a little better at resisting the cuteness.  Today I made cookies and deviled eggs.  Not to be eaten together of course, but it is a step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment