Tuesday, January 3, 2012

It's official

It is officially official.   Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to us.   We are on the road to building our first home!  After lots of waiting and paperwork, and additional paperwork, and answering questions, and then some more paperwork, Christmas Eve we finally received a happy little package in the mail with our building permits.


Here we are standing in the lot that is to become our home!

I have already begun decorating our house in my mind.  Ben and I both have a love for vintage, but his strays more towards stark industrial design and mine more towards shabby chic with a very neutral color palette.  My goal is to combine our styles (Emily Henderson style) in a way pleasing to both of us, but also to our (hopefully frequent) visitors. I have a long list of projects and inspiration I have been holding onto in my head.  Now that Christmas is over, I can start tackling said projects as I await a place to display all of them.  This means I will (hopefully) have some fun things to share with you

Speaking of Emily Henderson, if you haven't checked out her blog or her show, Secrets from a Stylist, you must.  She may be my new design hero.

I hope everyone had a great holiday season with friends and family!  I'll be in touch soon with lots of fun stuff I've been holding onto for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment