Friday, January 27, 2012

Feature Friday

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens.  Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens.  Brown paper packages, tied up with string, these are a few of my favorite things!

I may or may not have been in a Children's choir growing up that frequently performed a Sound of Music Medley.  I also may or may not have the overwhelming urge to turn everyday topics into song.  Really, if you say a word that makes me think of a song, it's hard for me to hold back said song.  I also do this with movie quotes.  I apologize in advance for any uncomfortable moments this may cause in the future as sometimes this phenomenon occurs at innappropriate times.

Memories and awkward quirks aside, it's time for Friday Features!  I started this concept way back when I started this blog, it just never came to fruition.  Now, with pinterest as an everyday source of  inspiration, I am adding to the original plan by featuring some of my favorite things on Friday.  You know.  All consistent like. 

Why Friday you ask?  Well, I'll tell you.  I like alliteration, and Friday, feature and favorite all start with the letter "F."

Simple pleasures.

In preparation for the big move, I have been doing some cleaning and organizing.  My latest project, getting all my craft supplies in order.  During this process, I realized how many feathers I have.  I have been wanting some feather earrings for a while, but have been hesitant to buy them thinking that I can just make some for myself.  Feeling inspired, I googled "how to make feather earrings" and came up with this awesome tutorial by the domestic diva.  She has written instructions as well as a video.  Check it out!

Pinned Image

{So cute!  If time permits, this is definitely on my list of weekend projects.}

With Valentines Day on the horizon, I've had my eyes on sweets that are sweet.  These definitely fit the bill:

{Conversation Heart Cookies to spur a special exchange}


Valentine Petits Fours
{Valentine's Petits Fours as an intricate way to show someone you care}


Pinned Image
{Pink Ombre Cake: to add an extra touch of special}


Finally, you know I've been daydreaming about decorating my new home.  I decided a while back that my living room is going to be pre-dominantly a culmination of gold and white based on a wallpaper I fell in love with and can't have.  Don't worry, I have other plans to re-create said wallpaper, but I want to make these beautiful candles to tie in my living room motif to the surrounding rooms since the living room is such a large space.

Pinned Image
{DIY Gold-leaf Candles that don't really look "DIY"}

There you have it.  Five Featured Favorites on Friday, the Fifth day.  Gosh, that makes my heart smile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment