Friday, April 13, 2012

Feature Friday

How about a way over-due feature Friday?  I know you've been missing me.   I just know it.



As you know, it's been crazy chaos around here, but that doesn't mean I haven't been inspired by anything lately.  In fact, my brain overfloweth with inspiration and it's making me crazy to not have time to pursue it.  I swear, I'm always the most inspired when I can't do anything about it.  Isn't that just how it happens?

Anywho, enough complaining from me.  How about something to light up the mood.  BAH!  Get it?

I've been day-dreaming about the perfect light fixtures for different rooms in the house.  I haven't come to any conclusions yet (surprised?), but I am drawing inspiration from these images for various projects.  Yes, I do plan on making them myself because yes, I am too cheap to just buy one of these guys (even the cute tiered fixture from UO), and yes, I have the un-relenting DIY bug that makes me unsatisfied unless I do it myself.

That being said, take a second to devour the beauty in the below images.


{This cardboard corrugated pendant from red, is organic and bohemian, yet structured and sophisticated}

{This ruler pendant (also by red) is as visually interesting as it is dynamic}

{This industrially chic chandelier from Anthropologie is simple, yet profound}

{The most budget friendly tiered pendant from Urban Outfitters is structured and understated}

{Made from twine and a rusty old ring, this is an inspiring and beautiful piece of art seen on 4 Men 1 Lady}

{Possibly my favorite of the bunch (if I had to choose), this chandelier by Apparatus has a certain 70's vibe with industrial flare}

Thanks for indulging with me today!  I hope you have a fantastic spring weekend!


3 comments:

  1. I'm leaning towards the Industrial Chic chandelier. You'd just need a high ceiling to hang it from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thing we'll have that! I keep going back to the one for the living room. It's just glorious. Then, I'll do some smaller pendants elsewhere :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you Emily! It means so much to have your support and I am so encouraged by your kind words. I just spent some time snooping around your blog too and it is fabulous. I am definitely getting in on your modcloth giveaway. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete