Monday, August 8, 2011

A "sneaky pete" into the future...


Remember last time when I promised you some sneaky pete?  I knew you would.  Well, unfortunately I can't sit with you on the porch while we spoon it into our mouths in an effort to stay cool during a hot summers day.  However, I can provide the means to get you there.  So, take this recipe, make this delicious adult beverage, and please, please sit outside and drink with friends.  Perhaps put on a record, might I suggest some Bon Iver, and a round of scrabble?







{Looks yummy yummy right?}

Sneaky Pete

2 Cups Cranberry Juice
12 oz. Frozen Orange Juice
12 oz. Frozen Lemonade
1 1/4 Cups Powdered Sugar
3 32 oz. Sierra Mist
1 fifth Gin or Vodka

Stir well and freeze overnight.



On another note, I have a "sneaky pete" into the future for you.  I've been doing some soul searching and something I am learning to accept about myself is that I'm really not all that creative in and of myself, which is ok.  I absorb a lot of my creativity from other people.  Every once in a while I will have a seemingly original idea, but more often then not, I saw it somewhere and decided to re-create it.    Maybe that still counts as creativity.  I mean, does creativity have to get caught in the transcendance of traditional ideas, or can it also be the interpretation of those previously transcended ideas?  I'm hoping the latter can be included because I would define myself more as an interpreter.  This concept brings me to introduce a new section of the blog.  Ok, so this section is still in the "idea" stage more than anything else.  Translation: I haven't started yet.  I'm just throwing this out there.  Do what you will with it.  While this blog is developing, I don't want to limit what it could be.  Therefore,  there may be new "sections" that come and go as quickly as they began.  I have a short attention span.  I am sorry.

The inspiration for this new section comes from feeding off others creativity.  I get so excited about the projects I see on other blogs.  There are some incredibly talented and creative people out there and I want to take what they have to offer and, in return, offer my own interpretation while learning a few things in the process.  So, I will be using some of the ideas I find out there in the blogosphere, creating them, and then sharing them with you all. 


Of course this won't solely make up the contents of each post.  I will still be sharing some of my side projects, thoughts and ramblings because, like i said before, I have a short attention span and can't focus on just one thing.  I mean, what's the fun in that really?



For now, because I like books with pictures, I will share one more with you before I go.  Last weekend was wedding weekend and my incredibly talented friends made their own wine.  Here is one of their delectable bottles complete with homemade labels.  I only wish you could have a taste.



Welp, now that my taste for pictures has been satisfied, I must bid you adieu.  I'll be seeing you soon.  I can't wait for our next adventure!



No comments:

Post a Comment