Thursday, August 18, 2011

She Loves You - Yeah, Yeah, Yeah

I like the Beatles.  Can you tell?



So, I'll warn you.  This post is going to be a bit different from the usual.  Take it as you like. 

I've been thinking about love lately.  To get a little more particular, I've been thinking about the word "love."  I have been realizing that I have unintentionally been replacing the word for something less, like "heart" or "like" to reference my feelings toward things. The more I think about it, the more sense this makes to me.  Let's be honest for a second.  I think we'd all agree that "love" is a very powerful word, yet, we use it so inadmissably.  I'm guilty of it, you're guilty of it, we're all guilty of it.  Maybe it's not that big of a deal, but I would like to think that when I tell my husband that I love him, that word truly has special meaning in an effort to grasp the reality of what I feel.  In the english language, this one word has so many possibilities of dimensions, that it makes it hard to define.  I don't love hats the way I love to make things and I don't love to make things the way I love my husband. 
In the greek language, there are different words for the different dimensions of love.  I'll spare you super in-depth explanations, but it's interesting, and I think important to think about.
First, there's philia, the kind of love that would exhibit from a friendship or family relationship that exemplifies loyalty.

Next, there's eros, the passionate kind of love, love a step beyond friendship.

Finally, agape is unconditional love.  The kind of love that the Lord exhibits to us.  Love of sacrifice, patience and perseverance.  The kind of love that is displayed in 1 Corinthians 13.  And it's this kind of love I want to strive to give my husband but also impossible to obtain entirely.

All I'm saying is to consider these things the next time you talk about how much you love a dress.  I would never be offended by someone using the word "love" to express their feelings for minute things, I just want to be more thoughtful in the way I choose to use the word.  I want to make a point to use the word "love" when I'm referring to and striving toward the agape version of it. 
With that being said, here are some things I "heart," if you will:




{essie nail polish in pretty nudes and pastels. essie has the best color selection} 

I also wanted to update you on how big little gus gus is getting!  I can honestly say, with full confidence that I love this little guy that's getting to be a big guy.






He's my pride and joy!

Also, just saying, I want to paint everything in my house right now. I've been waiting for the urge to fade, but it's not.  Therefore, you may be seeing some painting posts coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment